The AAF series of ashing furnaces suit many coal (and other materials) ashing tests, including ISO 334 & ISO 1171:2010 Solid mineral fuels – determination of ash, ASTM D2361 & D3174-04(2010) Standard Test Method for Ash in the Analysis Sample of Coal and Coke from Coal, BS 1016 part 4.
- Maximum temperature 1100 °C
- Continuous preheated airflow, to ensure temperature uniformity of better than ±10 °C throughout the uniform volume
- Constant airflow held close over the samples to promote burning (AAF 11/3 and AAF 11/7 models have 4-5 air changes per minute)
- Traditional muffle heated chamber gives good resistance to abrasion and vapour attack (AAF 11/3 & AAF 11/7)
- A range of sophisticated controllers and programmers is available, along with data logging equipment